View Single Post
Old 04-21-2022, 05:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The locations randomly occur at different places but always after the fender mounted filter and before the injector itself. Thats 12 clamps just for the injectors, not to mention several other locations.
The consistent thing is that it has always occurred at a clamp and can always be stopped by a quarter turn or so to tighten it.
I actually started out with the fuel injector type clamps. I went to worm gear clamps in desperation and thought they had solved the problem for a while but I still get leaks.
I can always spot exactly where the fuel is coming out so it's not like some mysterious crack somewhere. It's always a very thin, hair thin, stream shooting from the end of the hose where the clamp is. It's literally coming from between the outer surface of the fuel rail and inner surface of the rubber fuel hose where the clamp is. A quarter to 1/2 turn of a screw will always stop it and it's good for weeks, possibly months.

That doesn't mean that the next week will be in the same place though. It will be at another injector, or the inlet to the fuel rail the exit from the fuel rail or even on the engine side of the filter.
I guess the simplest way to describe it is that it's as if the clamps are loosening but they are not. Each time I tighten it I'm getting closer to bottoming out the adjustment.
Its a weird problem that l've actually been fighting for quite a while.

Sent from my moto g stylus (2021) using Tapatalk