View Single Post
Old 04-26-2022, 01:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Greg, just perusing some of the Z car forums, the fuel line leaks are fairly common on those cars like I previously posted.

They say that when they sit and the ambient air temp goes down they leak at the connections. Not sure how cold it's been in the south lately, but up here in Ohio we've had colder than normal temps for this time of year.

It actually said in one post that years ago Datsun had recalled some years of Zs for fuel leaks due to faulty design.

The forum members basically said the minor leaks come with the territory, and frequent vigilance to snug the clamps up is part of the upkeep of these cars.

One other thing is some of those worm drive clamps in your pics are overtightened to the point of deforming the band. They will fail when they deform like some of yours are. I'd be looking at some of the other style clamps to replace those worm drive clamps.

I used to work at a Datsun dealer long ago, and I was never impressed with using fuel line hose, and clamps under the hood for routing fuel to the injectors. I prefer having flared fittings on fuel lines, just my personal preference.

One other thing is a pressure test on the system to make sure the regulator isn't set too high and also causing the leaks.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated