View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 03:18 AM
Senior Chief

If 3" won't do much, will it at least not make me lose some power down in the rpm range? The Pypes set is about $ 630,00 and I want at least change the mufflers and the hangers. Also the X-Pipe would be nice I guess, so there isn't that much of an advantage if I just replace everything and keep the 2.5" tubes. Also I want to make the mufflers removeable (if I decide to change them) but at the moment it's welded together. To make it removable again I'd have to spend about $ 200 at the shop since there isn't a straight pipe in front and ahead the muffleres at the moment.

So if the Race Pros are that loud, the Street Pros should be even louder? I'm not sure if I want that. Will the drone be much more with 3" than with 2.5"?
I changed from Super 44 to FlowFx muffleres on my Challenger and they are so much better to drive on a daily basis (much less drone and still a nice deep sound). I don't want too much drone, but the GTO is more of a weekend car and some drone is acceptable. With the violators at the moment I have very less drone but it's really loud. I want it to be a little quieter but want back the old school sound it had before with the Flowmaster 40. (just with less drone).

Eventually the AeroChambers would be nice too.. can you compare them to the Street Pros?