View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 06:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce

Mark's point is correct, the Corvette stuff will require a minimum of a 17" wheel.

The stock type discs are adequate for most stuff except road course stuff. They stop well, but fade easy. For a street car, or drag racer, they're fine. You can put the same discs on the rear if you want to get rid of the rear drums.

One thing I learned with the SC&C Street Comp 2+ that I have on my car is that although not included in the kit and "technically" not necessary, the SPC lower should be purchased as well. The SPC upper allows for so much more positive caster that the wheel needs to be re positioned in the wheel well to avoid a tire rub situation. This would be the case at around 5+ degrees of positive caster. You can run the factory lowers if you dial back the positive caster in the alignment a bit.

The SPC lower also allows for some ride height adjustments with their spring perch shims. You can keep the factory ride height with both shims in place, or lower by up to an additional " by removing the two shims (1/2" each as measured at the wheel). If you like your stance now, you can dial out that 1/2" you'll drop with the lower tall ball joint by adding a height adjustment shim to the top spring perch. That would then maintain your current ride height.

But yeah, give Mark at SC&C a call and let him know exactly what you're wanting from the car. Budget 2-3 hours for the phone call as he'll give you a fairly decent education is suspension design along the way.

The best way that I can describe the change in handling and drive dynamics is that before, with just springs and a set of .5" tall ball joints in my factory upper control arms, the car had about enough grip around a corner that you'd need to hold on to the steering wheel decently. After the change with the addition of the new control arms, modern alignment and the front and rear helwig bars, holding on to the steering wheel alone is no longer an option. The factory seats won't cut it, you need heavy side bolstering. The grip and turn in is brutal.