View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 10:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The UMI stuff is really good quality and is competitively priced with the bigger names. I have been very happy with all my pieces. The wilwood D52 direct replacement calipers are a nice upgrade and will fit behind your stock wheel. We put them on a buddy’s Chevelle and they did make a slight difference over factory calipers and you save 30 pounds of weight to boot. I am using the global west knock off control arms you can buy on eBay for around 300 bucks. I had them out of the box laying on the ground directly beside my father in laws real global west arms and other than the stickers there was no discernible difference. I put proforged tall ball joints in them just because I didn’t want to use Chinese ball joints and because I wanted the tall ball joint benefit. I have all the UMI braces and swaybars. I even have the bumpsteer kit. My car is not on the road but if look fit and finish are any indication I am sure I will be thrilled. As far as steering boxes I bought an 86 Monte Carlo SS box and had the lee flare fitting adapters presses in so I could use my factory hose. The car was still on the road then and that difference was night and day. Oh yeah one more thing. With the global west knockoffs I called global west and acted like I had lost my instructions and told them I needed the alignment specs. They sent them and my alignment shop was able to hit them on the head. I am running factory ac delco shocks all the way around with ac springs in the rear and hotchkiss one inch springs in the front. Hope this helps