View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 08:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Roberts View Post
I'm willing to listen to his firsthand info about the sc heads....
So Dcar, tell us about your sc"s and the issues you had with softness?
Seems others are making laps with a blower motor without issue.... so please, enlighten us with your firsthand info...

I have a friend who races at our track once or twice a year. Has one of the nicest 69 GTOs in the country, top notch. He bought 2 sets of Super Chiefs, had them ported. One for backup, quite a investment of money and work. Serious bracket racer.
So when he tells me they are soft, head gasket issues you expect me to tell him he is a liar ?? Like I said, he is looking at the DCI RAV head to get away from the problem.
This thread is a joke. Making up something to talk about. And sure, that is what the Race section is, sharing information.
In 2020 no one in their right mind would invest a ton of money into those things. How many Pontiac racers 15-20 years ago put a BBC in their car after investing time and money trying to make them reliable ? High Ports and E heads have both out performed the SC head and reliable.
Soft, core shift, porosity, seats moving around. Oh, and they are cheap. You want to get back into racing Pontiac don't you. Hey, they are cheap, 1249$ Jump right in.
The SC head had its place, brought us the High Port in a way. KRE used to use SC heads. But they ended up making their own without the quality issues. Their name was on the line.
Schief is making laps with his old SC heads. But he also races just for the fun of it. See how fast/quick he can go.
My friend is a serious bracket guy. Races in that big race in Las Vegas Verdi has won twice and done well in it. Nice paycheck. Water in your oil between rounds would be a problem.