View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 10:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 1971 Norwood resurrection

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68bird400HO View Post
Nice.. an original car that can maybe offer up some info....

Does your radiator still have the tag?
Can you tell what the tank codes are?
If your shroud is original too, which one is it, the 114 or the 086?
This is a 1971 Norwood car that I picked up about 19 years ago. Numbers matching on everything except the starter. I need some motivation to pick it back up and finish it. Some things got a bit off track and I could use some words of advice if you guys are willing. Let me know if you are tired of build threads and pictures.

No tag on the radiator, but could this have been part of it? I didn't notice this bit has some numbers stamped on it until I looked at this picture. Anyone know what they indicate, if anything? It is uneven along the right edge and looks like something broke off of it.

One tank has CV, with a little E in between. I never knew where to look until recently. The letters sure don't initially stand out and I thought the radiator was probably not original so I paid little attention to it all this time.

Other tank is IF

It is a 3 row core but I can't get a good picture through the hose connections but you can tell it is thinner than your average 4 core radiator. The overflow hose is not great but still has the 3 ribs running down the side of it.

Radiator shroud is 086. Dirty/dusty but in decent condition.

Hose retainer is still intact and tabs are all there.

Has those mold marks on the top trailing edge that some have talked about.

How do I freshen the shroud without messing with the marks? Anyone deal with that before?

Shaker drain hose was even still there. Some marks on the bottom portion, but all there and still very pliable.

Last edited by TA455HO; 07-15-2014 at 10:23 PM.