View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 02:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 389 View Post
Roger said the 67-68 was the best and that Kelsey Hayes made that wheel more flexible to help that drums.. What I don't understand is if that's true, why are todays after market wheels so ridged. They say you should have the have the drum cut with the wheel torqued down onto it.. You also need to marry that wheel to that drum buy marking it and always keeping them together (Catholic marriage?? haha)…

Frankly, I think the stock KH set up with the 225/70R14 tire is an excellent wheel and drum system..

I once saw a 67 Bonneville that was all black with black 8 lug wheels and drums, no beauty rings.. All you saw was the chrome lugs and center cap. It was one of the coolest cars I ever saw in my life!
Who is roger? drums cut with the wheel on it? never heard that in 30 years of 8 lugs. need to marry a wheel and drum? then how do you rotate the tires. Drums were balanced at the factory also tire& wheel so you could rotate the tires . In the 60's they had spin balancing on the car and a special adapter plate just to balance wheel and tire off the car because the drum was already balanced. Sound like there are a few problems with your set-up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00391.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	514597   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00198.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	514598   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00200.jpg
Views:	138