View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 11:38 PM
Senior Chief

Thank you all for the orders. I really Appreciate it.

I have been thinking about how to handle the lower production colors like Lucerne Blue and others. One way is the painting experiment that Steve is willing to try, but because he is so busy right now I think it is going to be a while before he can get to it. Also the problem with painting is that it won't be as durable as it would if it were made from solid material, and it will be expensive with the labor costs of prep and paint.

Another idea that Steve and some of his customers and associates were batting around was to come up with a committed list of people who would be willing to buy a run of the material. Originally I thought this might be a really expensive option, but I'm beginning to consider it differently, and I thought I would put this out there and ask for your opinions and suggestions.

In reference to Lucerne Blue right now, after reviewing all of your comments on this thread, it looks like there are about 20 or so sales from those responses. I know Steve has some folks that would account for at least that many sets as well. I just don't know if there is any overlap between those two groups. Based on an estimate of the costs for a run of Lucerne Blue, if I could get a commitment for the sale of 100 sets, I could get the cost per unit down into an area that might be palatable. Maybe in the $180.00/set area, freight included. This would cover the material cost, the extrusion cost, the packaging costs and the shipping. I think that would be more cost effective than painting.

I am thinking about starting a list here on the thread of those interested in Lucerne Blue for all to see and to update. When I can get 100 sets committed to and the sample process completed and approved, I will move forward and order the run of material. It is at that point that I am reasonably assured of covering the costs. Which are high because of the minimum order requirement of the material supplier and the extruder.

My question is do you all think there are enough people interested in Lucerne Blue to commit to 100 sets? We may almost be half way there right now. Would a list be helpful in this regard?

If any of you know others that frequent the other threads that might be interested in joining our group? That would only help get us there quicker. Anyway, sorry for the ramblings, but I am interested in ways to possibly get colors like Lucerne Blue, Brewster Green, and others made. I need to find a way to lower the risk. Interested in your opinions.

James
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lucerne Blue 1.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	436479   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lucerne Blue 2.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	436480