View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 11:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

In the interim from the last post I moved to Albuquerque. The TA was the first car down, driving the 1,500 miles. A vibration issue was bugging me, later to be found as a marginal driveline angle. That was fixed, but a vibration on acceleration was still there. Engine was smooth, clutch and trans good as was the driveshaft. mnnh.

I began thinking about the exhaust - I made a custom crossover box for the exhaust, not liking the "H" pipe. I wondered if the cutout inside was causing heavy turbulence?
I bought a X pipe kit from Summit and fabbed it up to directly replace the cross pipe assembly, painted it then went home.

My wife and I went to dinner with a friend, wife was wearing short dress and tall heels (rowl!). After the dinner we went to the shop to get the car, had to shuffle Lemans and forklift to get TA out. When we went to put in the Lemans it would not restart - arrggh! So we rigged up the forklift to tow it and pulled it around to park inside (nothing gets left outside in ABQ...). Quite the pic of her deadsticking the Lemans dressed as she was! Once all was secured we left in her car and Trans Am - a hard blast up an onramp proved the the X pipe cured the issue! Now I can examine other issues (like the Lemans).

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010686.jpg
Views:	1013
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	493079   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010687.jpg
Views:	1243
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	493080