View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 11:55 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Yes, most of ours are old here in Bristol. We have alot of dealers in the metro area, but I will only refer to the ones in the Bristol area. The local Pontiac-Buick dealer has been there since at least the 60s... maybe longer. I know thats where my old 1972 Buick Electra was bought new in April of 1972. The Oldsmobile dealer is still standing, but its obviously not Olds now... they also sold Volkswagons and now its a VW only dealership. Our Chevy-Cadillac dealership has also been there for years, but the Chevy dealer got a new building about 15 years ago, next to the Cadillac dealer. The local Ford dealership has moved many times across town. The OLD Ford dealership building became a Toyota dealer in about 1999 and the old Toyota building was torn down years ago, which ironically is still a vacant lot that is for sale. The OLD Volvo is now a auto auction building and Volvo dealership was bought by the guy that owns our Ford dealership and moved in the "2nd" Ford dealer building (which was the Nissan dealer in the 70s-80s), then they moved across the street making it the third move of the Ford dealership in 10 years! The "Dodge-Chrysler-Lincoln-Mercury-Jeep" dealer building is old as well. The Kia dealer merged in with the Mitsubishi dealer.... also a old building, but not too old... built in the 80s perhaps? The Honda dealer is fairly old, but received that nation-wide update a couple of years ago... the Nissan dealership is about as old, but still looks "80'ish". It was shared with Mazda, but very recently the Mazda branch got a new state of the art building... very futuristic looking. Suzuki building is also fairly new. The last four are on the same lot, but different buildings... the same man owns Honda-Mazda-Nissan-Suzuki-Cadillac-Chevrolet-Isuzu dealerships. Chevy-Cadillac are across town. The GMC dealer is quite old and is in a part of town all by itself.

Wow, did I just type all of that?