View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 11:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The good used market is getting pretty scarce as these cars are 11 plus years old now. Prices usually start at $500 per pair for front seats and go up from there. The rear seats are usually cheaper as the high demand is for good used front seats, however finding good rear seats is also getting more scarce as these cars age.

Not parking the cars under cover definitely hastens the demise of the leather and stitching. My car has sat out in the sun since I bought it and wherever the sun hits the seats constantly is where the leather shrinks and the stitching deteriorates. The leather on my front seats is torn, so even if I rejuvenated it, it wouldn't be able to be repaired without some new leather panels being made for the drivers seat.

Kits for replacement covers are usually starting at $800 for two front seats and go up from there. https://www.autoseatskins.com/pontia...ts-p/cpo20.htm

I had my rear seats replaced while still under warranty, they are split again and the front seats are also split and need replaced on my 05. PY at one time was talking (Chris C) about getting seat covers made for the late model GTOs, I haven't heard anything recently though about them securing a vendor. It's going to be an ongoing wear area for these cars, and right now there aren't many vendors reproducing/selling covers.

The factory GM replacements, if you can still get them, were like $1500 per seat. Last I heard they weren't any more durable than the originals, and stock was hit and miss, if you decided to buy GM replacements.
1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Last edited by Sirrotica; 11-09-2017 at 11:58 AM.