View Single Post
Old 03-22-2004, 04:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think it may be presumptious to say it will cure all temp related evils, but in near-stock applications I think it very well may.

More data from board members would be nice to see just how good a solution this is; i.e. a more scientific test.

So far 3 members yes, 0 no.

I became curious when reading all the posts related to high engine temps and kept asking the question "Why now? That wasn't the case when the engines were new 40 years ago. What's the diff?"

Since mine was essentially stock, and seeing the same thing, I pulled my pump to see if it had the stamped impeller. To my dismay, it was cast. A closer look and I saw the clearance issue and figured "what the hell, maybe in all the years, the rebuilders got sloppy and didn't press the impellers on the shaft to the proper clearance spec.

ANyway, my idle temps stabilized and it doesn't puke coolant after shutdown. This summer, I'll do some more testing & see.

Some more data from board members would be nice to see just how good a solution this is.

George