View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 08:23 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Boneske View Post
Steve provided detailed info on cam, heads, c.i., transmission, etc., which made it easy to calibrate the idle circuit and install appropriate jetting for all three carbs. The previous rebuild had been done fairly recently, and generally looked like very good workmanship, but no mods were made to make this setup work with a 421 engine with several mods, including a roller cam. They did not repair the fuel inlets to the end carbs, which were stretched so badly the brass fittings bottomed against the airhorn, so they could not be clocked to work with factory fuel ones and/or not leak fuel. I installed Time-Sert zinc liners in the 1/8 NPT fuel inlets to fix the problem.

With Steve's information, I was able to do the needed mods, jetting, coloring, rebuild the throttle bases, provide the needed fuel and vacuum pieces for his wife's '65 GTO.

My goal is to rebuild a Tripower so the owner just has to bolt the carbs on the manifold and START 'R UP!! I'm confident Steve and his wife will have large smiles when they hear this sucker run for the first time!
In other words, OUR Tripower has been....
BONESKE-FIED!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BONESKE-FIED .jpg
Views:	475
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	531469