View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 12:34 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAirBirds View Post
All Carousel Red cars were "sprayed" with Red Oxide for the primer. The "Orange" covered better over the Red Oxide. ONLY on Carousel Cars GTO or Firebird. This was also the case on the Camaro. This has been researched heavily in the Yenko world..Again these were sprayed as a primer coat. Not the same as the 70 firebird where it was dipped.
I have an original 69 RAIV Judge and have lots of photos showing the Red Oxide Everywhere, inside and out. In some cases there was some black sprayed over the Red on the BOTTOM of the car but it was not complete coverage.
This is not true!! I had a pattern CR Judge back in 1973 and the chassis and under carriage were painted black like they should be. This myth has been spread all over the net that the underside of these cars are painted other than black. This is the same for the underside of the hood too. Overspray though is common but nothing like this car. Further, it seems everyone has a 69 RAIV Judge car today. It is the most faked and counterfeited GTO. These cars were thrashed into pudding back in the days on the street and strip and now we're seeing them everywhere? Same with the big block Vettes too. This ad says nothing about original block but my guess is it was either restamped or an SR block was used...

Last edited by Ram Air IV Jack; 04-25-2020 at 12:40 PM.