Thread: Bring a trailer
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
I think BAT is fun to watch and get a feel for the market from another source that does actually sell cars, not just advertise a sellers dreams. A good friend of mine who buys and sells collector cars for a living, has had pretty good luck on certain types of cars that seem to do well on BAT. Specifically, anything with very low mileage does well. Anything that has not been restored and also presents decent does well. Japanese sporty cars from the 1980's and 1990's are hot and sell well on BAT. Restored muscle cars not so much with some exceptions. a 70-71 TA recently sold on there for top dollar, beautiful car by the way. Their coordinators seem to have a great feel for what will sell and for how much. Might hurt a few feelings in the process.

Yup, it’s definitely “auction engineering” they have an algorithm and an image they are building/maintaining.

Must be driving revenue.

The Mustang that didn’t get listed seems like a perfect example of the cars they don’t a lot of on the site.

The eclectic GMC Suburban, with Pontiac power, seems like their type of listing, as well as the occasional stock Nova SS and Buick GS I watched this week....