View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 05:08 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks Dick. It is strange as I have not painted anything. Maybe it was gas that needed to be burned off when I had my manifold dripping. Its just seems odd that it would still be doing that, as I have had the car on for a total of at least an hour over the last week. hopefully it will let up soon, seems to be subsiding.

With that said, I was able to go around the block today for about 15 minutes. No more leaks anywhere, no more venturi dripping. But, now I some how have lost some performance. Step on it and its just a bit lethargic, does not feel like all the carbs are kicking in full and that wonderful tripower sound is just a bit less. I don't know if the float setting could have that impact, but both end carbs had their drop set at 1.25 instead of 1.75. As I was going through the carbs I adjusted both the latter, which is spec I believe.. I have been wondering if both being off that much was more than coincidence, perhaps something the PO did to make this car happy. Anyway, Ill do my reading to see what I should be thinking about to solve for this power loss. constantly jumping through hoops.

I ordered an A/F meter and will have a bung welded in when I go to change the mufflers in next couple weeks. I suspect my a/f is off. the gas stink from the exhaust has always been a bit crazy.