View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 09:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I think a better subject would be 'What is the best colour?'
Seriously though, this is a very subjective thread. I think it depends on how much yard you are cutting and what your budget is. I had a 1971 cub cadet that dad bought new. Ran great but was antiquated. About 20 years ago I bought a POS riding mower from Sears Craftsmen. THE reason I bought that particular model was that it had a Kohler motor. I have not done anything to take care of that mower. I beat this poor thing to death, it doesn't deserve the abuse I throw at it on a weekly base. IT still starts and cuts grass every week though. Kinda like an abused puppy. I have had my share of little problems, replaced the blade spindles, new starter, and few little things. But all in all it has been a good machine. I dont think I have ever changed the oil, just add when its low. I have had to weld pieces back to the deck and some of it is held together with hanger wire. Good thing is I can still go online and get parts as needed for it. On the other hand mom has a grasshopper zero turn that I use to cut her lawn. That thing is AWSOME! best cutting mower I have ever been on.