View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 12:15 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks guys for your help - I have put off the speedo correction until I can get under the car to see what is there.
Fuel gauge quit working- tested the gauge with a external sending unit for my GTO and the gauge works - I know the feeder wire behind the dash is tan for the fuel. I want to check it from the rear of the car.
Can you tell me the color and location that I can find the fuel sending wire as it exits the tank. I want to check the continuity of the wire all the way from the rear before I order a new sender and drop the tank to replace.
What color is it in the back and does it come up through the trunk. Where is the easiest point to access the fuel sending wire with the tank still mounted?
On a better note - the tach circuit board came in and I replaced it and it bench tested works. The circuit board for the dash gauges had been worked on by someone in the past - several of the traces had been repaired with solder and wire. I had to repair one of the traces to a speedo light that didn't work. All works now.
I just need to fix the fuel gauge and all is good.
Thanks Grand73Am for your advice on the dash - just clear coated the dash bezel and it looks great - painted the gauge surrounds as advised.
Are the letters for the lights wiper wash plate suppose to be clear or painted white?
Thanks for anything you all can help me with.
Mark

Last edited by i4abuygto; 05-19-2020 at 12:24 AM.