View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 10:50 PM
Senior Chief

Default Rear coilover conversion kit? Who has done it? Any aftermarket rear axles w/coilovers

I am likely to change out the housing on my new Quick Performance Ford based rear axle assembly. I don't HAVE to, but let it suffice to say I have an opportunity to and I'll leave it at that.
So my thoughts and plans that led to the one I have now were:
Cut the housing 2" narrower than stock because I had 2" of clearance to the inside of both rear tires, and no clearance to the inner lip of the rear quarters. Well I am having to use 1/4" wheel spacers to keep one tire from slightly rubbing on the inner fenderwell on one side, so the next housing will be 1" wider, or 1/2" per side.
I also kept the stock style "springs and shocks" design thinking I could add a coilover conversion kit, and then change it back if I didn't like it. Well despite the new stock height new Moog springs and about a 1" rubber spacer pad, the rear of the car is way too low compared to the front and so far I don't see a way to install my airbags that I used to use (car came with them) to raise the rear to level, and I don't want to drop the front, and some coilover conversion kits are not compatible with the QP rear housing.
So that leads me to my question:
Is anyone using an aftermarket rear axle assembly and housing AND an aftermarket coilover conversion kit, OR does anyone have an aftermarket rear axle assembly and housing WITH coilovers?
Thanks.