View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 12:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by avman View Post
The trip to the 1320 we just made about 2 weeks ago was successful from a launch traction perspective. The modded 421 wasn't up to its performance potential, but as far as traction goes, we did pretty well, and that was without using the line lock to clean and heat the drag radials. I have Competition Engineering 3 way adjustable drag shocks on the rear now set to 50/50. I have done nothing with the front suspension at all, and I would imagine my starting point would be a pair of 18 way double adjustable Viking shock absorbers that would also allow for full range of extension and compression/rebound control.
What other front suspension mods are you using?
My point is that unless we impart a lot more power via nitrous oxide at the launch, which we don't have and haven't planned on, we are really close to the goal of optimum launch + 60ft. rear tire traction so I don't think we have a lot that is needed to do with the front end.
On the other hand, as we get more traction at the launch +60ft, I'm sure that we could get more aggressive with RPMs and cut down the 60 ft and 1320 times, so I am interested in your input.
What times are you running in the 1/4? Ideally you want 4-5" of free travel in the front, the double adjustable Vikings might be overkill depending on your times.