View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 10:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cost for alignment is in the ballpark, generally speaking. They usually cost me about $200 plus tax here in Seattle on my BMW track car which is pretty easy to align. Shops around here charge anywhere from $80-120/hr, so if it took them 3 hours to align your car, approximately $300 is what I'd expect to pay. Now cue all the people from small towns who say they wouldn't pay over $50 for an alignment...

For the brake line, well, there isn't much to that. It either failed due to age, incorrect installation, or being damaged somehow. Too bad the shop couldn't take the car for a test drive after alignment, though.

Regarding the boiling over, did you check to see what the actual water temp was? Did the engine actually overheat? Firstly, I hope they didn't allow the engine to overheat by letting the engine idle for an extended period. That would be unfortunate. It's possible the engine wasn't overheating and you simply need a new radiator cap. Or maybe it was overheating and you need to go through to process of fully evaluating the effectiveness/condition of your entire cooling system. More info is needed.

1966 Pontiac GTO (restoration thread)
1998 BMW 328is (track rat)
2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited (daily)
View my photos: Caught in the Wild