View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 04:55 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekuhn View Post
Sounds like good summary to end on. You’ll never convince anyone the factory installed a ‘66 tri-power and a 10 year old cam that’s milder than an 068 as some kind of special order package.
Mikes answer: No but a place like Royal Pontiac Bobcat would do just that , use a Tri-power cam in a 428 ci Pontiac as there upgrade. The cam I pulled from the 428 is the only specified Tri-power cam for the Tri-power system. This is why I want to here from a Royal Bobcat owner or some one who worked there to learn how they stamped there blocks. Remember Royal Bobcat would have received the 428 motor on a crate un- stamped most likely and the vehicle to receive this motor upgrade from the factory was Engine less . It is a shot in the wind but not impossible. Question is did Royal stamp the date of service upside down on the passenger Block side below the head?Also did Royal install the Tri-power cam along with the Tri-power carbs. in this particular Engine. Who knows it is one Wild Factory product set-up out of the Box though. I am installing the Torque converter this weekend and we finished a refresh paint job under the vehicle and in the Engine compartment. Next is to detail the custom self made Engine wire harness with painless wire loom and soon it will be running again.

Last edited by TRADERMIKE 2012; 10-04-2021 at 05:09 AM.