View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 04:53 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainless Headers Mfg., Inc
Hey Nick,

So unfortunately those turbo log headers are currently not an option for the stock Pontiac heads. The two center ports are so tight together, using the 2” OD, .120” tubing we use for our other systems just simply doesn’t fit. There could be a way to squeeze that together, and even weld it at the flange, since it can be welded from the back side of the tubes, and back up inside. However, making the cutouts and copes on those tubes when it would meet up to the main log itself, and trying to get that piece welded is a much more difficult process. I’m sure it can be done, but not for $799.90.

I definitely understand the market and availability of these heads, but the exhaust port design makes this style of fabricated manifold very, very difficult.

The other two flanges pictured are what we carry for the Ram Air IV style heads, and they fit the Edelbrock and KRE style heads, as well as the factory design, and whatever other aftermarket heads exist with that design. Those only differ in the port design, and for these turbo manifolds, the round port works for both the ‘d-port’ as well as the round port, as the round port encompasses the entire ‘d-port’.

Also, we do carry the flanges for the Ram Air V heads, just no current demand/design for a log-style manifold to fit that style of head yet. If that does come up, and someone wishes to help us with a design on the Ram Air V heads, we would certainly welcome help with setting those up as well!

Hopefully I’m able to keep answering questions well enough for everyone up at the forum through here. I signed up last week for the forum, but still haven’t been given posting or reply permissions. So, for now, having you showing everyone these emails works!

I would be more than happy to include Erik’s order in with the rest of the group. If/when the group is able to come together and process all those manifolds, I will definitely refund him whatever the difference results in.

Thanks,

Steve Zimmerman
Stainless Headers Mfg., Inc
Phone: 651-448-8661 Fax: 651-448-8675

1135 North 7th Street
Lake City, MN

[http://www.stainlessheaders.com]www....essheaders.com
Guys, if you fall into the category of the above factory stock heads and are interested we should add your names to the list and just notate what you have... if there are enough of you guys then perhaps he will give them a shot. This is the time to let him know though...

1) Erik B - (Will be refunded difference)
2) AIR RAM (Nick) (Round Port)
3) Mysticmissle (JEFF) (roundports)
(First Price point) Qty 3: $784.90
4)
5)
(Second Price Point) Qty 5: $764.90
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
(Third Price Point) Qty 10: $734.95

SPEED SAFE, NICK
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_Pontaic High Port D Port.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	521764   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_Pontiac High Port.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	521765   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_Stock D Port.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	521766  

Last edited by AIR RAM; 10-08-2019 at 05:01 PM.