View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 09:16 AM

This does seem to fit. Kind of like a long lost reunion! I've only had it a couple of weeks now. The gentleman I bought it from is a collector in Louisiana, I believe he may have bought it from Jack, not sure if there was anyone in between. He did not say if the previous owner had passed or not but he did say the restorer is still alive. I would happily purchase those pictures or even if I could just get a look at them if you are willing. The car is in phenomenal condition still, it was very well cared for (and will continue to be). You would never guess it had been two decades since it was restored.

The reason I mentioned saddle in the color is because I keep seeing either "dark brown" or "dark saddle" for the color code, no consistency. There must have been some confusion throughout the years over the name, people thinking it is called dark saddle instead of dark brown.

The carb is the right numbers, haven't finished researching the distributor yet though. I think the previous owners during restoration and even after went to serious lengths to ensure the car was correct top to bottom, OE parts only. Again, it's only been a couple weeks now.