View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 09:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
Right now all the bushing on the entire car are just hand tight, no shims up front, and those bolts are not tight either, all rubber everywhere. Again I dread crawling around wrenching on all those bushings, front and rear ... without jacking up the car.

Last night I actually pulled off the re-pop sway bar struts and replaced them with Moog parts (rubber actually made in USA). Rubber bushings in the re-pop was already cracking after being installed for about three years. Also used the Moog hardware, bolt is 1/16" larger OD, washers are not pressed garbage .... that "go-to" "correct" re-pop front suspension stuff is just plain horrible garbage ... I'll just have to live with the fact that now it only looks 90% correct
If you get a measurement on the ground of where the tire sits in the wheel well you can jack the car up with a floor jack, run a chain around the frame, nd the axle of the floor jack and preload it in the correct position and have it off the ground to tighten the bushings. I also use this procedure to install coil springs in a car without the engine in it.

I also prefer using the nylon sway bar pin bushings as it takes the play out of the mechanics of the sway bar before it reacts.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated