View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 09:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Original color is Coronado gold with black vinyl top and black deluxe interior with fold down rear seat. Most of the paint visible is the original paint, it was painted what looked like mayfair maize back in the 80's but I was able to blast most of it off with a pressure washer.

I'm leaning towards keeping the AIR stuff on as the RA pans fit it (can't be too many '67 RA pans with AIR provisions around).

Any tips on cleaning and degreasing the engine compartment? This thing has a solid inch of grease in spots. For the engine I started by chiseling all of the build up off before disassembling to keep anything from getting inside it, wondering if I should do that in the engine compartment (most grease is on the subframe) and then scrub with degreaser and pressure wash? Or would renting a steam cleaner be more effective?

After cleaning up the timing cover in the parts washer, it's borderline usable (heavy pitting on the inlet and inside but no holes), but for sure the water pump divider plates are shot, any source for those or is it just an ebay deal? I've seen timing covers but not the divider plates.