Thread: OUT OF CHANGE
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 02:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandam1979 View Post
People don’t want to handle dirty money right now it’s the touchless service thing. I ask at my local stores if they have a change shortage non of them do.
If the change is going to transfer disease, why don't the dollar bills? No place has trouble dealing with dollar bills, which have much more surface area on them than a coin does. Also the surface of paper has many more cracks and crevasses for a .125 micron virus to nestle in, than a smooth metal surface. Which is same type surface the food prep is done on, and sterile surgical surfaces use.

When the clerk takes you card to run it, there is also the possibility of transfer from them handling it, along with the paper receipt they hand you. If you use the card terminal, instead of handing the clerk your card, hundreds of people a day touch those same keys you're using. They used to sanitize the keypads at the beginning of covid, that has pretty much gone by the wayside now. I've not seen anyone sanitizing keypads in a retail store for months now.

Also noticed no one is any longer wiping down the handles of shopping carts as they once were, and many times there isn't any supplies for the customer to wipe the handles down either.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated