View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 10:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for the comments guys.A little more about the 66.It's Montero Red mostly original,just a few touch-ups in the early 70s.Parchment interior.It came with whitewalls and deluxe or custom deluxe hubcaps,not sure the exact name.It now has Keystone Classic wheels on G70-14,H70-14 Road hugger bias tires.Wheels/tires were put on around 1974-75.Gauges,no console,walnut shift knob,pushbutton am radio.Remote mirror.tripower,m21,3:90 posi.Power steering.Not long after buying the car my dad ordered a ram air kit from Royal.My mom said he borrowed the money from his mom for it because money was real tight back then.It was the pan,open scoop which came primered.He cut the hood brace as needed and painted the scoop some shade of red that doesn't match at all.The pan/scoop are still in the trunk just as they were 40 yrs ago.Although the foam seal is in very bad shape.It has never been 'chopped up' or hit or apart.Engine,trans.rear never out.Still has some orig.hoses,clamps.He never felt any need to modify it,no headers,add-on gauges,radios,etc.Only the usual belts,hoses,exhuast replaced with stock parts.I did notice today that the tires sidewalls are cracking a bit.Hope this was not boring.I'll get pix on here soon I hope.