View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 01:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hamlin View Post
I recently picked up what I would almost refer to as Service Part/cable.
They are DP spring rings but have no part number stamping on the cable, more of a reference number to size.
This is the 41" I am currently using in place of my NOS OE which have started to show issue.
This a a much heavier/larger Dia cable compared to the OE and has a 1L-41 stamped on it.
Perfect length and I like the idea of it being larger. Most will never know it's not correct.
Have you tired the Spring Ring repops? The only thing I noticed on them is that they are missing the "GM" marking on the top of the end clamp to the battery. I keep seeing two things on these cables. One is the color is black for both the pos/neg of the cables. Seems to be true for ALL GM cars back during that time. I have no idea how they marked them for neg/pos but the colors were all black. Found most of this info from various GTO forums.

The other is the length. I have a Firebird so the length of the negative cable is super short. What I have now is a good 12" too long and is looped to keep it from getting into the fan while driving. The pos was a bit long but worked. These are NOT spring ring cables but just the 2A cables you can buy at any parts place.

69 OHC ZH Sprint Hurst 3 Speed 3:55 (1 of 213)
99 Valkyrie 1520cc Flat 6 108hp/110tq - For Sale
http://sohcsix.yuku.com/forums/1/OHC-lounge
Wanted: 1969 OHC "H" Camshaft