View Single Post
Old 03-02-2004, 05:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Now were racing magazines!! Reminds of ls1.com.

I don't how many of you reguarly go to the strip on test and tunes nights. But I can assure you not many of these new so called rockets are turning the times you say they are.

one of the faster import I saw all of last year at MG, was a really nice RX7 Turbo he ran a best of 12.8 I raced him a few times, nice guy. There was a Red Evolution Lancer which ran 13.9-14.1 all day long. The fastest import was a 1970-72? Datsun coupe with a rotary and nitrous that was running very low 11's. Every other car besides those were running from 19 to high 14's.

Mustangs.. Hell not one was in the 13's. I'm talking the new Mustangs. There was Cobra, stock running a best of 13.2 against my 13.6 at the time. It's all about the driver, or those car are overhyped.

I pay no mind to magazine times. The real test is the track.

I'm by no means saying there are no fast imports, but stock they are not what you think they are. At least not in my area.

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid sometimes, but you're abusing that privilege"

www.musclecarsgalore.com
www.nikivee.com
[www.reverbnation.com/nikivee

1967 Pontiac GTO
1967 Pontiac Grand Prix
1972 Pontiac Lemans Sport Convertible
2015 Dodge Challenger ScatPack 392, 6 speed
2017 Ford Explorer AWD