View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 10:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

John, that’s where I am now. I have a NOS contact ring as the old one got beat up and the wire torn off when I tried to use the POS repop cancel cam.

I finally was able to get the original cancel cam off the old steering wheel so that’s no longer an issue, but replacing the horn contact ring is now the problem.

I tried soldering the wire back on the ring but because the plastic insulator was also broken by that piece of crap cam the horn just blew constantly.

I tied a string to the wire and pulled the string down through the column while pulling the old wire out. Then I tried to attach the new horn ring wire to the string and feed it through the column but it’s a no-go. Too many twists and turns inside the column I guess. Tried for a couple of hours. Tried with column tilted in every way possible. The connector seems to be getting hung up inside the column somewhere.

My next attempt will be to feed a piece of 16 gauge wire through the column using the string. If that works then I’m going to cut the horn ring wire about 2-3” from the connector and feed the wire through Using the string to pull it, then use a crimp connector to re-attach the connector. If I could find the right connector somewhere I’d just put a new one on it but I’ve looked all over and can’t seem to come up with one.