View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 12:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I really haven't had any time this past week but I did have the car out and seems the rattle is getting worse. I checked the exhaust pipes again by grabbing the pipe and really trying to shake it. They didn't make a sound let alone move very much.

I will try to get under the car this week to check engine and tranny mounts. I also have a tranny mount bolt in driveshaft loop I want to check. I know that the loop is very close to the floor board, but the metal on it is so thick I can't imagine that moving or vibrating, but will check it.

Thanks for the other suggestions. My car does sit a lot more than it is driven. Last year I put the new motor in it and only put 60 miles on it. This year I tacked on another 40 miles maybe so only 100 miles in 1 year. Probably only have maybe 2000 to 3000 miles on the car total since I purchased it in 92.

At this point I wish what ever it is would just let go so I know what the problem is.

Thanks again,
Mark

1965 GTO: 467 (Built By Dan Willever), 400 Block, Eagle 4.25 Stroke, Eagle 6.8 Rods, BRC Pistons, Custom Grind Hydraulic Roller Cam, Edelbrock 72cc Heads Ported, HS Rockers, Doug's Headers, Edelbrock Victor 4150, QTF 850 Carb, TCI Flex plate, AutoGear M22 4 Speed, SPEC Clutch and Pressure Plate, 12 Bolt 3:73 Posi.