View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default part 20

we were not arrogant, but we were confident. during our learning process we had made just about every mistake you can make. we learned how to do by doing it. now we knew what not to do. I told T.J. that nobody could cut a better lite than .500 or they'd redlight. & even if they cut a perfect lite, they could still be beat if they didn't run their dial-in. so we went to every race knowing that there would not be anybody there that we couldn't beat. thats 1 of the main things i like about bracket racing, the little guy without deep pockets can race & win. we figured if anybody else was gonna win they'd have to beat 3 pontiacs to do it. sometimes they did, but not that often. several times we were the only 2 left standing at the end of the fight. i noticed in the scrapbook that 1 nite we got winner, runner-up & semi-final. thats the best you can do with 3 cars in the same bracket. it ain't braggin if you can back it up. as far as we were concerned when we pulled in the gate we were the favorites to win, which we did many times. I"m listed at the top of the points sheet at a track where we didn't go to nearly all the races. that means almost every trip was a win. except for a few street cars here & there, we were usually the only pontiacs at every race we attended. talk about a hostile environment. most of our competition then were early camaros & novas with big tubs, ladder bars, 14x32's & most of the paint jobs cost more than our motors. some on the race site couldn't understand why i was against the chevys. well chevy, to us, was the enemy. & many (but not all) were hi-dollar with arrogent drivers that looked down their noses at our old pontiacs. they made me the way i am. to us there was nothing better than puttin 1 of these guys on the trailer & watching him fume. hey don't tune me out now. this is just gettin good!