View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default part 26 more '79

we won some races that year, including another winner, runner-up finish & in july i won the biggest race of the year at tyler. & on the way beat 1 of the best racers there, who at the time was just a teenager. his name was edmund richardson, we called him "little eddie" he & his dad, who was known as "fast eddie" raced together & they were good. i've recently heard of a business called " the edmund richardson school of drag racing" i assume it's the same folks, probably is, they were some good dedicated racers. well after that there was just nothing left to prove. so we decided to just stay at home for a while by the "speed barn", chill out, & take a well deserved & long overdue break. T.J. could still drive her street bird to work & reflect on the great times we'd had in those old pontiacs. her street rides included her first '68 bird racer turned streeter, a brewster green '73 455 ta, a black 76 455 ta, and a smokey & the bandit style '77 or '78 t-top ta , all 4-speeds. yah, we were pontiac freaks. then the strangest thing happened. i warn you what i'm about tell you may be offensive to some, so you may want to turn me off here. as far as i know i have never hear the audible voice of God. but in 1979, on the inside of me i heard these words: take your ole goat & your bible, load'em up & take 'em to "wild bill"(a pontiac racer friend), and when you get there, tell him "God told me to give you my goat & my bible & that this is just a token of how much he loves you". so we did. we unloaded the goat, handed the bible to a speechless bill & then drove off leaving him standing in the driveway. in a few days he came over to find out why i would give away my prized posession like that. so i told him the whole story about it, & then shared the bibles plan of salvation with him. we had the honor of leading him to receive Jesus as his savior. 30+ years later we now call him "mild bill" instead of "wild bill" & he recently preached his 1st sermon! PTL! to me there is absolutely no greater feeling in this life than knowing you have helped someone shape their eternal destiny in a positive way.