View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default part 27 ripple effect

we had another pontiac racer friend named eugene(but we call him oogene, after the puppet character on the gospel bill tv show) i had sold him a decent '68 bird & 2 parts cars & he'd built his own bracket racer. he lived about 30 min away & one day showed up on our doorstep. he said, "i heard about what you did for wild bill, & i gotta know more about it ". so we shared the whole story with him & were again honored to lead another pontiac racer to the lord. he recently called me & said " i know where my old race car is if your interested. i work with a mans son who says his dad has it in his back yard with a chevy motor in it, but he's gonna put the motor in a chevy body & sell the bird." so i went & checked it out. well, it was in purty sad shape, but most of the parts were still there: roll bar, shifter, 12-bolt with 4.56 gears & glass hood with a snorkel scoop. at $1000 i thought it was a great deal. when i told T.J. she said " i think thats great, & i'll even buy it for you". so a friend picked it up & brought it to me. it needs a lot of work but the base is there- & no, its not for sale. if our local track ever gets straightened out i'll start puttin it back together. right now i,ve got 2 racingjunk.com cars with no place to race. they were closed all last season. some new people bought it this year. but mud racin is big around here & there's a mud track right beside the drag strip. they finally opened the strip after mud season & ran a few races, but i'd allready give up on 'em & sold my 2-car rig, & started dirt racin at a track only 20 min from home. i.ve got some more stories about "wild bill" & dirt racin i'll share if i don't get kicked off the site. this is a great country, 1 of its foundation principles is the freedom of religion. you can freely practice any religion you choose, or none if you choose. you can be an athiest,agnostic-- you can even worship the devil himself if you choose. many thousands(if not millions) of brave men & women have fought & died to help protect this freedom. so if you know a vet who has been there & lived to talk about it, let 'em know that you appreciate what they did!