View Single Post
Old 01-30-2020, 09:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Time for a new refrigerator

We bought a Samsung french door refrigerator about three years ago and during the last year I have come to hate it. Ice gets under the tray in the freezer and causes the unit to rattle or glass touches in the top part and the thing rattles. Then, about two months ago the fan in the top started making a loud noise so I researched the problem and found it was probably caused by an ice build up around the fan. So, I emptied the refrigerator and pulled out the shelves. Then I removed the back panel and the fan was iced up. I used my wife's hair dryer to thaw the thing out, thoroughly dried it and put everything back together. The unit worked fine until two days ago when the fan started making the same noise. Finally it froze up completely causing the top part of the refrigerator to warm up. So, today I took everything out and defrosted the fan area again.
Hopefully it will last another month or two to give me time to look for a new one.
And that brings me to my question; what refrigerator do you have and do you like it? My wife definitely wants to get another french door one. But, if it were up to me I would consider a side by side.
Here's a picture I took today after removing the back panel. This buildup took less than two months. the fan sits in the recession next to the ice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200130_203236.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	530615