View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 09:59 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-Austria View Post
@Speargun
Thats a good idea. I want do to it that way since you never know, if you get tired of the mufflers and want something new

I read that the 3" Super Turbos only have 2.5" inside. Is that true? Is there another turbo style muffler that will reduce the drone but with 3" inside as well?
Since I want to exhaust to be quieter than my 2.5" Violators now I guess I should not use 3" Ultra Flows or the Pypes Race Pro? (or even Street Pro).
Cheapest way would be to get the System with the Race mufflers included. Are they much louder and have more drone than turbo style mufflers?
I got the 16" case & they are 3" all the way through. Dynomax Super Turbo Mufflers 17792

The Race Pro's didn't really "drone." They are just a louder at cruise speeds and got everyone's attention when you hammer it.
The turbo's have a good sound, without being too loud, but still turns heads when people hear the rumble.

Get the system with the race pro's and see how you like them. You can always come back and add turbo's later. I've been thinking about putting the race pro's back on my car for change. When I get tired of the noise, it only takes about 10 minutes to swap out for the turbos.

There is no try. - Yoda

1967 Firebird Restoration 2005 - 1/25/2017