View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 03:17 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
I almost forgot another common amateur hauler mistake that is upsetting to me. After getting the car on the trailer, how about at least hooking the lights up and verifying that they actually work?

Class A CDL drivers can be, and are sighted for non working lights on their rigs all the time, yet when I was driving for a living I'd see car trailers and utility trailers with nary a light on them driving around the loop around Columbus OH regularly. Night or day, not a working light showing to the rear, because no one bothered to check the lights on the trailer. Many times they never hooked the pigtail up, so it, and the safety chains are dragging on the pavement, sparks flying.

With all the screwups I've seen over the years, it's a wonder there aren't more cars falling off trailers......……..
How about the people that don't load the weight properly or have the wrong drawbar? I have seen front engine vehicles backed onto trailers and drawbars that have the tongue nose high or too low. People don't understand how important that is for safety and control.