Thread: LS1GTO.com
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2003, 12:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Why does it sell so well down under than? If they wanted an old school Monaro liek they used to have, why didn't they design it like that?

As someone has said, Look at the PT/T-bird/Beatle. Sell great for a little while, now one of those is cancelled and the other two sit on lots.

And for those in actall global business's, you would know that GM is a GLOBAL company.

GM wasn't comitted to building any more 2dr RWD coups. Until Lutz came aboard. He, like any good business man(and don't tell me he isn't a car guy) and saw the platform being sucessful elsewhere, not here because there is NONE here, and he did the legwork to get the car here.

Will they be built here eventually? Yup. But you'll have to wait until 2007. But I am sure all the nay sayers would have waited and bitched and moaned that Pontiac had no RWD V8 car.

Funny, I remember in 99 when the Monaro came out and people here bitched and moaned that we couldn't get it and how great the Monaro looked, etc.
Now we get it, it looks like a traditional pontiac in the front(the ONLY part of the car that could be changed with minimal cost) and people bitch and moan because they use the GTO moniker. Hmmm, wasn't there just a thread bashing GM for not using the JUDGE moniker? Well, which do you want?