Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 09:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was supposed to fly to Missouri for a 2 week training course this weekend but got a call this morning that all classes have been cancelled.

As much as I am disappointed, I don't want to get stuck in a hotel far from home if flights back to Canada are suspended. I also thought that two weeks of staying at a hotel, passing through airports, and eating in restaurants is also a lot more exposure to strangers compared to being at home.

I have a vacation to Mexico booked for the week after Easter and suspect the smart thing to do will be to cancel and book later. I enjoy going to the Caribbean but do not want to be sick or quarantined in a foreign country with inadequate health care.

I think the risk of being stuck in quarantine for getting into contact with a sick person or flights being cancelled is higher than actually getting sick.

Nothing else to do but wait it out.

Edit: News just confirmed our Prime Minister's wife has the virus after attending a function in Britain several days ago.

Oshawa built 1 option Judge basket case. 463, SD KRE 295's, CNC'd factory intake, Cliff's Qjet, Stump Puller HR cam, RARE RA manifolds, Pypes exhaust, T56 Magnum, McLeod RXT clutch, 3.42 12 bolt. 24 year project almost done...

Last edited by mrennie; 03-12-2020 at 10:26 PM.