View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 09:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default I'd like your opinion on mesh options, and progress report on parts...

JLHarper, My time line has been moved back a little. Although I am making progress I was not happy with the right side pattern I made and had to do a major revamp on it. Also the mounting tabs were a real pain to fabricate into my patterns and took more time than I had figured along with the water heater in the house taking a dump last month that took alot of my spare time away. I am still plugging away and am hoping to have some parts in the Christmas to New years time frame. I've fabricated many parts in my lifetime and it never goes as planned as far as time goes. The left side is complete and ready to make a mold of, and I'm working on the right side when time allows, I hope to have the right side close to being finished this weekend 12/08 -12/09/07. When the patterns are both finished casting the molds, and then casting the parts is all that remains, hopefully that can be accomplished in one weekend. It seems that a plastic grille (close to the same honeycomb pattern as the stock grilles) and a honeycomb steel mesh close to the mesh in the scoop openings are the most popular options with those that I've asked. Anyone that has ideas about mesh options please feel free to offer any mesh or grille pattern you'd like to see offered as an option and I'll do what I can to see what I can find for other options. Thanks for the interest in the "Goat Nose Grilles" and I will let everyone know more about them as they progress towards finished parts.
1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated