View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 03:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by er455 View Post
Really , can you send me the link or info on how to do that ? Has someone done it already ? Thanks
It's not too hard to do actually. What you need to do is trim the shield around the new injectors and slide them in place. They'll fit a bit loose, but once the fuel rail is back on, they are held in place snug. THe picture below shows the connectors and is for an adapter add. adapters won't work because the injector won't fit between the body and rail at that point.

FiTech injectors on top Bosch injectors on the bottom.

Once you have the injectors installed, it's simply a matter of changing the flow rates of the injectors within the software. You can either do that via the ProCal software or on the hand held under the pro-tuning section.

The only thing you really need to watch out for there is the flow rating and at what PSI. If those 210's are rated at 43.5psi and your system runs 58 PSI, the flow rate is actually higher and you can run into some fueling issues as a result. Some of that will be trial and error of course, but there's some flow calculators out there that may help.

Another thing you might want to consider if doing this, would be your initial injector sizing. The FiTech 1200PA runs 8, 80lb/hr injectors, but commonly is only using 4 of those until a bit beyond 50% throttle or if power demands due to boost require it. The system then fires the additional 4 injectors.

This allows the system to simultaniously be able to provide large quantities of fuel for high power, while retaining better duty cycles for more efficient fueling at lower power demands.

As a result, it's possible and depending on the setup, may be ideal to run a smaller initial injector with larger secondary injectors. You can mix and match here. So er455 for you on your deal, it may be worth trying out a set of Bosch 210's just on the secondaries and leaving the 80 lb/hr injectors on the primaries.

If you or anyone has any further questions on that deal, feel free to DM me. I don't want to clutter up LPI's thread here.