View Single Post
Old 03-20-2004, 07:32 PM

Now, Nickv I am not trying to start an argument, but NASCAR is not "crap" and it is not "redneck" ect., ect.,. Don't forget that NASCAR does run roadraces themselves probably just to keep them honest and to also satisfy the naysayers that claim that it ain't real racin'. If you have never seen a race at Charlotte, Daytona or Talledega, then do your self a favor and go see one. You will find it hard to believe that there is a human being actually willing to be at the controls of a machine at that speed and in those conditions. I am a fan of all motorsports, I follow NASCAR, NHRA, Formula 1, CanAm, Supercross/Motocross, ETC.. If NASCAR is so lame then why are roadrace drivers like Boris Said etc. trying to find full time rides in NASCAR? Personally I think that Formula 1 is the extreme of roadracing, those guys are incredible, I was a Michael Schumacher fan way back in the early '90's when he first got with Benneton Ford, so I'm not a "fair weather fan" but the "great Senna" will always be my favorite! BTW, NHRA Prostocker Larry Morgan is our local NHRA hero, his chief engine builder did the machine work on my 400.