View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 05:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I am sure I will get flack for the materials I used but they worked for me. Car has been painted for a few years now and it has held up well. I will try to list off the top of my head forgive me if im short on details.
I used rage gold for the body filler, also used a finer finishing putty/glaze as need be. I used a flex filler for repairs on the bumpers.
I used an epoxy primer from eastwood. I spray the epoxy with a cheap hvlp gun from home depot or lowes. I have used both. I think I am on the third one. They cost less than $50 and I only half @$$ clean them. Its just my laziness knowing they are pretty cheap. BUT, I have sprayed a good bit with my current one. I bought my primer, paint, and clear coat from a local store. They have a lot of body shop supplys and cater to the pro, semi pro crowd. I have gotten to know the guys pretty good and ask for their advice. They are always very helpful and full of info. I think the product is finish 1 which I believe is Sherwin Williams. I use an awaita gun for finish paint and clear. It was fairly expensive, I think around $300 or so. It is not really a pro gun but a really good hobby gun. Its great for the amount I use it. It came from a recommendation from the guys at the paint shop. There is a world of difference between that and the hd gun!! I wet sand from about 300 through 3000. I used buffing compounds in three grades with related wool pads, I will have to look in the shop for that brand. But, im not really thrilled with it. I hit the last coat with 3m polishing compound with a foam pad. Buffing is my weak point as I am not a patient person when it comes to that step. I know I should spend more time with each coat but I get bored doing that part pretty easy. Hope this helps a little.