View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 01:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Brad - I understood what you meant, and took no offense.

My comment was to point out that people are different. If we all were robots, and all drove the "perfect" car, we would all be driving white 1962 E-Type Jaguars, with light blue interiors! (But I still wouldn't be able to afford one!).

And yes, I am able to read the manufacturers settings for automatic chokes; but with today's fuel, these settings don't always work. So, I have developed my own settings to help customers. The manufacturers settings are generally a good starting point. But just like folks recurving a distributor, or changing exhaust systems; standard settings just don't "work" for everyone.

To those who prefer anything automatic, it is certainly a personal decision. But there are conditions where "automatic" is simply the path of least resistance, and not the best path for all.

Jon.

"The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one given to you by your neighbor".

If you truly believe that "one size fits all" try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!

Owner of The Carburetor Shop, LLC (of Missouri).

Current caretaker of the remains of Stromberg Caburetor, and custodian of the existing Carter and Kingston carburetor drawings.