View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 07:55 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Not what I wanted to read, that's for sure. Just a few weeks ago, out of nowhere, I got a PM from Steve. He complemented my Judge, said he had not noticed the topic until recently, and wanted to get to know me, asked me to tell him about me to "bring him up to speed" and whatnot. We had a pretty frank and candid discussion about our respective health situations. I told him that I used his plight as an example to tell myself to shut the hell up and not complain about my health issues, because it could be a LOT worse. While I did not know Steve like several of you apparently do, I was touched by his reaching out to me and how open he was in talking about his health and how he looked at the world and his place in it. Nothing I say is going to ease anyone's pain, but I just thought I would share that here is a guy who knew/knows his earth time was winding down very rapidly, and he took some of that time to reach out to me and make another friend. I am the praying type and I will certainly say my share of them for Steve and his family. I feel like he reached out to me because someone up there was trying to tell me to quit feeling sorry for myself because I am no longer the man I once was and have been very depressed about that. I have a different perspective for sure at this point. My emotions are getting the better of me and I don't want to short out my keyboard from too much moisture penetration so I will stop now.

1970 GTO Judge
RA-III, 4-SPD & A/C. Power Windows, Power Seat, Power Brakes, Steering, AM/FM, 8-Track, Formula Wheel, Rallye Gauges, Remote Mirror, Numbers Matching. Assembled at Pontiac, MI Plant 5/26/1970.

1968 GTO
461 CI, RA-III heads, Hotchkis springs, UMI suspension, Bilstein shocks, 12-bolt 3.73's.

1966 GTO Ragtop
4-Speed, AM/FM, Original driveline.