View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 11:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatless View Post
Hey! Them's fightin' words! Serioulsly though, isn't any car with a giant screaming chicken sticker on the hood a little "tacky"?

I kind a like my Sundance Yellow '79. The red hood bird really makes the car pop compared to the ones I've seen with the gold bird. Really stands out at car shows and kids love it when they see it on the street.

That being said, if you're looking for top dollar and a quick sale, making it a black SE clone is the only way to go.

LOL! i agree yellow t/a's can look good, especially nice ones & yours looks very nice! yellow just isnt my thing. yes any big hood bird is kinda tacky & disco lookin, just that other colors look better to most people & definitely will bring more $$ for resale.

personally im kinda tired of the black/gold thing, my 78 was non SE black/gold, when i repainted it i went with the red/charcoal bird used on white & silver cars, its a somewhat unique combo & when i did it 10 years ago i only saw one other done that way, now i see a few more but still uncommon.

regardless of my preference, i think if its not original anymore & you arent keeping it & want a yellow car, to pick a better color that potential buyers will want more.