View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 06:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've built around 10 engines using that combination over the last few years. Works out well with commonly available parts. I'd use the Icon forged premium pistons. There are two choices for the 4.25" stroke crank to consider. One has 4.3 cc valve reliefs and the other is 10.6 CC's. If your 6x-4 heads come in around 92 cc combustion chambers, the 4.3 cc piston will give you ~9.9 CR. The 10.6 CC piston will wind up at ~9.4. I've used both without any pinging with the right deck height and camshaft choice. Heads are fair flow wise but aren't going to make a lot of power without porting. Just depends on how much horsepower you're shooting for. I use Eagle or Scat H beam rods on street engines. Camshaft would depend on gearing, trans, intended use, etc.. but go with at least 230 - 236 intake duration @.050. To be able to use your factory shaker I would go with either a Torker II, Pro Comp single plane, or Holley Street Dominator intake. Lastly, consider a Canton or equivalent extra capacity oil pan for a little extra insurance oiling wise. Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

62' Lemans, Nostalgia Super Stock, 541 CI, IA2 block, billet 4.5" crank, Ross, Wide port Edelbrocks, Gustram intake, 2 4150 style BLP carbs, 2.10 Turbo 400, 9" w/4:30 gears, 8.76 @153, 3100lbs