View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 07:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by north View Post
Whomever restored this car must have been numerically or at least tape measure challenged. Apart from the previously mentioned install of a lower rear quarter patch panel (because of a hit there) in which they placed the lower feature line (the body crease line just above the lower rear chrome molding) a full inch too high. This is quite something considering that the other side of the car still has the factory complete quarter. Similarly, the left fender was replaced, and the cornering lamp was installed 2 inches too far forward! Again, the right fender is original and no one bothered to walk 6 feet to the other side of the car?

Frustrating, like the stack of pennies they had placed between the seat leg and the floor to lift the inner rear. The reason the seat was crooked without the pennies was that someone must have run the electric seat up or down without the right cable connected resulting in the left and right worm gears not being synced. Took about ten minutes to sync them and bingo, no pennies and the seat is level. I wonder how long those pennies were, they look like they had patinaed together for many years!

Thanks Apple for the return of the mysterious flipping photos. They are upright on my phone and computer but flip magically when posted to the site.
Maybe the prior owner had reverse OCD or something like that? Couldn't stand it when things were symmetrical side to side and front to back?